Friday, August 31, 2007

Job Hunt


As you may or may not have noticed, I don't really talk about work anymore. I admit that I've been disappointed with myself for still working there. My date to declare independence from it came and went long ago. I'm still not where I want to be financially so for the time being I've stayed put.

In recent months, however, I've become extra unhappy and unmotivated with the latest project I'm on. The requirements from the business change almost daily (they actually flip-flop over how they want data to be presented...so annoying) and the grinds of dealing with offshore support to get things done right is a pain. Even my teammate (who is new to our group and I'm working with for the first time on a project) is a royal pain. The one thing that doesn't change is the due date when things must be ready to load, which with each passing month looms closer.

I'm not the greatest of actors either at my job. I had a mid-term review yesterday where SLAB mentioned that it seemed like I lost steam. He acknowledged though that the project I'm on isn't the greatest. It sucks.

So I've decided since I still need employment that I've had enough of my current company and am actively seeking employment elsewhere. The company's going through a downslide as well and has cut quite a few employees. So I've posted my resume on Monster.com and Dice.com but have mostly been getting recruiters, which can be quite annoying. They basically give you the runaround promising position after position with no follow through.

I actually completed a phone interview with a healthcare company that would require me to relocate, assuming I'm a match for the position. Relocating isn't foreign to me as I've relocated twice for my last two jobs (this one included). Of course now that I'm with Rock, I have to carefully consider any such moves, even though he's told me not to let him stand in the way of a good opportunity.

Of course I'd love it if someone paid me my same salary to blog all day...:-) Heh...one can dream.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

Good luck man, with your experience, i'm sure you will find something that suits you better and that'll make you happier

that last line had me lmao

11:17 AM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

it seems so many of us are in a flux with our jobs right now. i'm planning on making moves myself, good luck with the search.

5:07 PM, August 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do any work with ColdFusion on SQL servers or VOIP administration, I would like for you to speak with me. Also, I am looking for a DBA.

10:41 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Rodney said...

Dreams do come true. Use your powers of positive thinking to visualize the job you want and speak it into existence. And don't forget to utilize your network. Very often we overlook people in our circle that can be of great help.

10:24 AM, September 04, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

You'll find something. You have the experience and the know how...

Use your contacts and network....

11:57 AM, September 04, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Don't be ashamed. Everything happens at a certain time for a particular reason.

Good luck with your search.

3:19 PM, September 04, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Is everyone unhappy with his or her job now? I'm going through some ish with mine also and have started looking elsewhere.

Good luck. We both need it.

9:16 PM, September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home