Friday, December 09, 2005

Zee Art Of Staring

Why am I living in Chicago again? I couldn't believe the nightmare I had trying to leave work with the incliment weather. Traffic was horrible. Unfortunately it was bowling night. Of course my team members deserted me and I knew the ones that weren't on schedule wouldn't step up. I left at 4:30 in the afternoon and arrived at the alley at 6:15 PM, over 45 minutes late. The other team had two players and they already were almost done with Game 1, so our team had to forfeit that one. But I came back strong and singlehandedly won the last two games with the scores 188 and 153. Our team is currently tied for 1st.

Then it was hell getting home. But I'm definitely grateful for not being anywhere near Midway. That was a tragic situation indeed.

So Hemingway earlier yesterday before the winter mess I was having lunch with a co-employee friend. We were actually meeting to discuss coming up with training materials for the daycare/training center that I volunteered my time for back in early October. Yeah it looks like I may be a teacher. That's scary. I sorta got pushed into it. Said co-employee friend, let's call him Smooth (yeah real smooth...*LOL*), chirped during an afternoon conference call that 'E teached Junior Acheivement' (uhhh, four years ago and that doesn't mean I'm an expert). So of course I'm put on the spot. I guess at least Smooth volunteered himself too.

So we pretty much went over what we need to come up with. I have to do training slides for Microsoft Word and Excel. I guess it's cool.

Hemingway during our lunch at Steak N' Shake, Smooth's like check out that cute girl over there, she'd be perfect for you. Double life situation aside, I'm thinking we're sitting across from each other. The cute girl is sitting in a way that it's easy for him to view her. I, on the other hand, would have to turn around and make it obvious. That annoys my shit. Especially since I don't want her seeing me staring. That's not the first time that's happened either. Even the few times I hang out with gay guys, they're like check him out. Of course I have to make an effort to turn around and look. It's so irritating.

So Hemingway I kinda look but wind up looking at the wrong girl and I'm thinking wow, Smooth's taste sucks. But I'm nodding and smiling going 'oh ok'. I mean, it's not like I was gonna chat with her anyway. So then we get up to pay the bill and fortunately you can pretty much look where you want to look from the front of the restaurant. So I finally see the girl he was talking about. She did look better than the one I thought he was talking about.

So is there an art to staring without looking like you're staring, especially if you're not at an optimal vantage point? I'd like to know.

In other news, I got emailed on A4A this week by Vince. You remember, that bowling jerk I had two dates with earlier in the year. His exact words, I kid you not. "Sup, guy? How you felin'?" Aside from the fact that moron still can't remember my name, I'm wondering what possessed him to use the pictures he has now. He looks ugly as hell in his primary. I guess he was on a manhunt and thought I was desperate enough to jump on it. I didn't respond. I'm almost tempted to give away his username so you guys can check for yourselves, but I won't...:-)

I so want to play hooky from work today. But I won't. Besides I'm off Monday and Tuesday of next week. I can play hooky then...:-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

i really hate the winter - and i dont even think i could visit in Chicago - unless I was going to Oprah

1:54 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

you must learn that A4A is a joke like 911...

3:17 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

I'll see you tomorrow at the ass whooping...I mean the Spades game!

5:27 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

WAIT A MINUTE!!! First of all - dish the boy's a4a name - we wanna look at his picture...

But more importantly - Hell, I wanna play Spades too! What is this?!?! I'll be there in two weeks - you and Tim and M-Dubb or whatever the hell is going on better have some type of game set up - cuz I wanna play.

-Jamal

On second thought...Spades is such the kids game. Where are the Bid Whist players?

12:42 AM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger Charles X said...

im gonna need you to post his picture b/c you got me curious and im scandalous like that!

2:23 AM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

I'm glad that you got your game on....Chicago's traffic is too much for me...

1:47 AM, December 11, 2005  
Blogger N4R said...

I don't know how y'all do it in cold ass Chicago! I love it in the summer but that is it.

Yo share that A4A name, I wanna see...

9:01 AM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

I am with Jamal where the bid playas at. That's a real man's game. LOL!!

E you are from Detroit, at least the sun shines sometimes in winter in Chicago. You know every winter day is cloudy in the beloved wonderful and fantastic motor city.

3:22 PM, December 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home