Monday, December 05, 2005

Baby, It's Warm Inside

That title sounds so nasty. But maybe it's just my nasty mind in operation. (Heh.)

Hemingway!

As I went about my day heading to and from work, I couldn't help noticing how cold it was. It was especially apparent when sitting in the car while waiting for it to warm up. I swear, my next car, which I'm hoping to get late next year will definitely have a starter installed. It would just be nice to enter a comfortable car for once. To go from one warm place to a brief cold spell and quickly enter a warm car.

At first I thought it was a frivolous luxury, but go through enough winters (33 and counting..*LOL*) and you'll realize it's a godsend.

I imagine too the technology has gotten better regarding these. I think I've heard in the past how automatic starters sometimes interferred with car operation. But that I'm hoping is a thing of the past. Besides the thought of spending one more winter suffering in a freezing car leaves little to be desired.

So how about that other Half of mine? Now that we're through the first batch of new episodes, though tv.com is teasing that a new episode may air next Monday. I do hope so but since UPN only ordered 22 episodes, it's doubtful.

Hemingway I'm loving this fourth season of the show. The writing seems tighter this year. In case you haven't been watching (and if you haven't...for shame...*LOL*), here's a recap of the main happenings of the first ten episodes.

LDD's plush existence was rocked when her father cut off her funds and told her she needed to make it on her own. LDD immediately struggled to make ends meet and thought the only way to stay afloat was to sell her numerous items. Mona enjoyed the torment but finally suggested LDD get a job. Much to the horror of BDD, LDD got a job at the shoe shop. To make matters worse for BDD, Phyllis and LDD became tighter with Phyllis teaching LDD how to stretch her dollars. BDD was helplessly watching her daughter morph into Phyllis. Things turned around for LDD when she helped an athlete friend of hers get a better contract. That led to her job at a sports agency where LDD quickly learned she had to change her tactics in a male dominated industry.

Mona meanwhile made goo-goo eyes with sexy neighbor Lorenzo, much to the chagrin of BDD who was plotting to hook him up with LDD. The new relationship quickly went south when Mona doubted herself and Lorenzo got tired of her doubts. Phyllis tried to help Mona out by pairing her up with a hot fireman named Glen that recently rescued the ladies from a house fire. Things quickly fell apart in that arena when Glen took a liking to Phyllis. Mona at first plotted to keep them apart but with LDD's prodding later helped Phyllis and Glen hook up, even later offering her Mom sex advice.

LDD invites Mona to a girls weekend at a new spa. Little does Mona know that LDD really invited her to a singles mixer. Mona's upset upon discovering this but perks up when meeting the mysteriously sexy Chase. (Sidebar: I normally don't get overly excited about hot guys I see on TV but Chase was setting me on fire like I couldn't believe. He had me at hello. The pictures I found online do him no justice. I suppose the make-up people at Half & Half do agree with him..*LOL*. He's fucking hot!) Mona's hooked despite LDD's attempts to break up the pair due to her assumptions that Chase is broke. LDD instead tries to pair Mona off with some so called cultured guy while she snags another one. Chase almost gets away when thinking Mona's playing him until LDD realizes the error of her ways and patches things up for the pair. To make things potentially complicated, Lorenzo acts like he's interested in Mona again.

Real brief on Spencer and Adam. Spencer gets promoted to V.P. of Marketing by Kai after she sees something in him. He goes through some personal changes this season. Adam feels miserable about his existence and resorts to selling Delicious merchandise on EBay to stay afloat.

Can I say that I'm loving this season? I can't wait to see where they go with things. One idea I liked....perhaps BDD can accidentally find out something about Glen that's unsavory and she must decide whether to tell Phyllis or not. That would make an interesting episode.

I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

6 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

You're right. This show is alot better this season.

7:30 AM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes, i have been keeping up this season and its all your fault, DAMMIT!

good job recapping .. i am impressed and you are right CHASE IS FUCKING HOTT!

just my type too!

10:55 AM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Stone said...

You do I have nasty mind. Okay now that I told you that. LOL it is getting colder but you have a car to jump in my ass have to walk to the damn train station. I do have leg warms if that helps

3:17 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Two words: Lamman Rucker! Another reason why I love Black Men! This brother is GAWJUS. I hope that he and Mona get serious so that he can stay on the show.

1:21 AM, December 07, 2005  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Since I am not home in time for Primetime TV, I have missed all those episodes...I love LDD ( You can guess why?) Thanks for the recap...

1:42 AM, December 07, 2005  
Blogger Frederick Smith said...

The actor who plays Chase had a HOT storyline on As The World Turns about two summers ago... (affair & pregnancy with an older black woman on the show, flirtation with the woman's daughter).

He's been on my radar screen ever since. Happy to see him on Half & Half.
fs

2:13 PM, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home