Saturday, September 10, 2005

Krush Groove

Thank goodness for the short work week. It made work a lot more bearable. I also seemed a bit less stressed too, which is always a good thing.

I wanted to give you guys an update on "Aaron". You'll remember that I first introduced him when talking about my recent weekend drama. We had a bit of a rocky start. He didn't take too kindly on me admitting to having a date & he in turn blew me off when I was already feeling low about being robbed. I had heard nothing further from Aaron until Wednesday evening when he sent a one word note. "Hi..." (Yeah, it had the three dots afterwards...*LOL*)

So let's continue from there. Aaron wound up calling me the next evening. I used my manipulative powers (basically doing a bit of understated sad whining...I deserve an Oscar...*LOL*) to get to the bottom of why he blew me off. He was so apologetic (hopefully he wasn't acting too...*LOL*) too. He said that he thought I needed some alone time. I had a feeling there was more to it so I continued to manipulate him in a way only I can...*LOL*. (It's not like I'm full of myself...much...but I do know I have a way of getting the info I need.) He then said that he basically was put off by my admitting to having a date Saturday (which he didn't know I cancelled to meet a third person for a BB-Q...*LOL*) and in not so many words said he did it as sort of a payback. He also thought I made up the whole robbery thing to get out of meeting him. Again.

Needless to say, I was aghast. I said in my understated sad whining voice..'I can't believe that. Why would I lie about something like that?' Because really? He apologized profusely. He seemed genuine.

We got off that subject and just started talking in general. He chatted about his past relationships, his longest one with a guy being five years. It had basically ended because he felt stagnated in the relationship. He wanted a career but had to give it up each time his partner relocated due to his consulting job. Aaron had found himself in the dependent role and he wasn't happy about it. It took him three times of leaving and coming back before he finally left for good. They're still good friends.

I in turn told him about my six month relationship with a girl back in 2001 (yes before I started exploring my feelings for guys), my only semi-serious relationship to date.

I'm about to go into a long side rant about that relationship since it's likely I won't talk about it again...*LOL*. I'll color code my side rant in case you wanna skip it.

"Brianna" and I had originally met at a friend's wedding in Detroit. This was in 1999. We chatted briefly but nothing came of it. I told my college posse ("Doug", "Rick", and "Keith") about it during our investment club meeting months afterwards & Doug (the one that got married) basically called her & put me on the phone with her. My college posse enjoyed seeing me being a nervous wreck on the phone. We basically had a date on "sweetest day", it was in October 1999. I even have a picture still of that first date that a waitress took. She thought we were a "cute couple". We broke up after 3 months (it was primarily my lack of communication) and reconnected in March 2001 (a co-worker friend dared me to call her). So our second time around, things were pretty cool. I made a greater effort to get to know her.

So...we had broken up our second and last time over a misunderstanding. It was actually pretty silly now that I think about it. We were planning a trip to Vegas & I had made the assumption we were going dutch. Brianna made the assumption I was paying for everything. Actually since I bought the tickets and booked the hotel, she had a point. What can I say? I was young and naive. She proceeded to rip my plans apart saying she could've gotten a cheaper fare and a closer hotel. I had inadvertently picked Palace Station, which I was unaware at the time, was outside of the main strip! Plus she made a good point that if we were going dutch, she should've been involved in the planning. Like I said, I was young and naive. Sue me. (Actually don't...I can't afford a lawyer.)

So Hemingway, things pretty much went south after that. I wound up losing my money ($600 something) over the trip since neither of us went. Brianna called me the day of the flight briefly. Even though she didn't admit it, I think she called just to see if I went. Which I totally should have gone. I still kick myself over that one. We didn't stay long on the phone.

Our last conversation after that, based on what she told me, I had a feeling it would be best if we broke things off. She mentioned going back to school, which would take up a lot of her "weekend time". It was easy to read between the lines on that one. So I pretty much told her, it's probably best that we end things.

She called our relationship 'strange', which pissed me off. At the time, she kept going on about saving herself for marriage. We did sleep in the same bed whenever we visited each other, but whenever I tried to 'have a deeper connection' (Okay..fine, sex!), she always brushed me away. Ironically though, her saying that kinda triggered my thinking about my attraction to guys. The thing is, I could've been more aggressive in the relationship and I wasn't. I thought, maybe it was time to explore that 'strange' relationship.

Ironically a year after we broke up, she called me again, leaving a voicemail. She had a family reunion in Chicago to attend and wanted to invite me. I thought and thought about calling her but decided in the end not to. She even called my parents and asked my mom if I was married yet. After that, that was pretty much the last I heard from her.

So what was I talking about again? Ohh...Aaron.

I'm trying not to get overly excited about him but I can't help it. We've been chatting for the last several nights & mornings and we seem to have a lot in common. We both have last names that we don't like. We both had "challenging" childhoods in school. We love a lot of the same artists. We also seem to have a lot of the same philosophies about life.

We spoke about our horoscopes, he's a Taurus and I'm a Libra. According to the compatibility tests, we're the least compatible pair (umm, forgive the pop-ups...*LOL*). The reasoning I believe is because Libra's lack of decision making (which yeah, I do waiver on shit a lot...*LOL*) would drive the quickly decisive Taurus (and Aaron fits that to a T.) batty.

We did agree, however, that horoscopes shouldn't deem who pairs up. Besides he said at least I'm not a Sagittarius. He called them weird & loopy (no offense to my Sagittarius readers out there...*LOL*). Plus my younger sis "Trina" is a Taurus and we get along okay...*LOL*.

He considers himself a pretty metrosexual type person. He's trying to sport his hair like Gary Dourdan's. Sexy. Rowrr.

We're planning on finally meeting tomorrow. We tried meeting last weekend but I wound up making plans when I heard nothing back from him. By the time he called, I was already out at a bar, living the vida loca. I might have to share that story one day...*LOL*.

Interesting tidbit #12. We had chatted about deleting our profiles from A4A if we proved to be a match. I checked A4A today and his profile was deleted. Of course, he could have another profile out there with a private pic that I don't know about. But I thought not seeing his profile tonight was very interesting. But let me stop putting the cart before the horse.

I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Alright now! First of all, you do post some LONG ass shit, but, nevertheless it's interesting reading.

I didn't know you and ol' girl dated like that. Yea, reading it - it did seem a little bit strange. But, he'll that's cool - it only costed you about $600 to find out you liked one side better than the other. I mean hey, nothing's wrong w/that. But you really should have gone on the trip - even if it was by yourself, at least you wouldn't have been out of THAT much money.

So, you and Aaron - that sounds promising. And you doing something that's super important - taking time to find out about the man FIRST! That's good man, I'm proud of you! You make me proud to be an American...enjoy your time w/him. I hope it works out (despite what the stars and tarrot cards say - lol)!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

8:45 AM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger DramaFree said...

So you're a fellow libra...yeah, we do tend to be a little indecisive (yeah, just a lil lol). But maybe you two will be like ying and yang in that department. Who knows?! Have fun and enjoy yourself. That's what's important.

12:25 AM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

you all are destroying the mystique of single life! Only married folks sleep together in the same bed don't do anything. Nice post.

9:04 PM, September 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home