Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's Cupid, Stupid

I don't believe this. I may have found "The One". Of course, I'm once again putting the cart before the horse. I really need to stop that! I'll probably be writing on Tuesday how Aaron is this fuckwad asshole that doesn't deserve the honor of being cried over.

I've seen that story in too many blogs. How someone thinks that person could be the one and then -- *poof* -- something happens and then it's all over. Just as quickly as it started.

But when you do find the one. It's like, oh my gosh, magical. Right? But I wouldn't know. Or would I?

Before you commit me to an insane asylum (though you have to catch me first...*LOL*), I'm referring to Aaron. Yeah that Aaron. We met yesterday after a lot of back and forth on the phone. We hung out for a little over 8 hours. And yeah, he could be the "One".

Earlier before meeting him, I went to the mall in order to pick up some new threads. It was crazy but I wanted to be wearing something new when meeting Aaron. He considers himself a bit of a fashion maverick and I wanted to be equally impressive in that area.

Unfortunately I couldn't find much that caught my eye at Carson's or J.C. Penney's. The few items that did were all in XL and XXL. I'm a big fan of fashions for everyone but are they telling me I need to gain 30 pounds in order to buy fashionable clothes? I do buy a couple shirts and a jacket, but they're more for work than play. I finally went to my trustworthy Target (heh) and found two nice small t-shirts (I usually wear medium or large to hide my body but I wanted to 'slut' it a bit...*LOL*), one in gray, the other in black. Aaron mentioned those were two of his fave clothes colors. (Okay..shaddup...*LOL*) I settled for the military greenish denim shorts that I was wearing already to go with the t-shirt I finally chose.

I was running a bit late while running this errand so I called Aaron, who himself was just chilling out in his apartment waiting for me, and told him I'd be late. He had to get himself together anyway so all was cool as he gave me directions to his place. I was actually hoping we would meet in a public place but with all the drama between us in the last three weeks, I didn't make too much of a stink. Besides I had a good feeling about him. (Maybe that's playing into my current feelings for him but damn it...lemme stop analyzing the shit and get back to the story.)

So Hemingway, I decide on the black t-shirt because I like the "Brasil Futbol" logo in green & yellow that was designed on it. It made me feel international. Plus I've been told I look Indian, especially by natives of India that work at my job. I mean, they seem to stare at me extra long as if trying to figure it out...*LOL*. But Hemingway (again), I head over to 31st street on the south loop to Aaron's highly secured apartment.

Aaron had given me instructions on the phone about what to say to the guard when attempting to drive-in. I told the guard who I was visiting and after some tense moments, he opened the gate and instructed me to park in visitor parking. So I park in visitor parking and Aaron tells me he's coming downstairs to the lot to get me.

I park my car and smile a bit in nervous anticipation. I see a couple dudes walking to their cars at different periods and thank the lord that they're not him...*LOL*. It's about ten minutes and there's no sign of Aaron. I was thinking I don't think he's that far from the visitor's lot. I fidget a bit, reassuring myself that I am in the complex, so it's not like he's blowing me off.

Maybe like a minute afterwards he calls me, inquiring of my whereabouts. I start walking towards where I think his building is. I see from a distance a hot looking guy on the phone wearing a white t-shirt. I ask Aaron if he's wearing a white t-shirt. He says he is. JACKPOT! He looks towards me and when we recognize each other, we hang up. I walk towards him and he's grinning the whole time (and he's got Gary Dourdan's hair almost done pat). I grin too and sorta turn my head behind me for dramatic effect (and to say to myself..WOW!) While turning my head, I see some folks walking several feet behind me. I continue to walk towards Aaron. He extends his hand but I hug him instead (not caring what the people behind me thought...that's so unlike me...*LOL*) and he quickly hugged me back.

We walked back towards his building and took the elevator to his floor. We walked down the hall towards his apartment. One of his floormates, a 30-something lady was exiting her apartment. I couldn't help but notice her staring at us (not necessarily malicious or anything..maybe slightly curious...*LOL*) so I stared back at her and greeted her. She greeted us both and continued on her way.

So we're in the apartment, both of us seemingly nervous. The first thing I have to say is that the brutha is fucking neat. He puts me to shame (In fact, I spent today cleaning my computer room, which is only one of several rooms out of control. It's doing better now, thanks for asking...*LOL*). I tell him how neat his place is in comparison to mine and we conclude that I love hoarding stuff. I also told him how I wait till the last minute to pay bills and stuff, letting the mail pile up and sometimes incurring late fees as a result. Yeah, another facet of my procrastination. I'm working on that...*LOL*.

We talk some more and I note that he's grinning wide at me. He then playfully tickles me. I talk some more and then playfully touch his wrists, admiring his bracelet. He then touches my wrists. One thing leads to another and before you know it, we're undressing and making out. Let's just say we do everything short of having sexual intercourse and leave it at that, shall we?

To prove to me even more how much of a neat freak he is, after we redress, he leads me to the bathroom so we can look in the mirror and make sure our clothes look neat. He then takes a lint brush & rolls it all over me to collect any sofa dust that may have gotten on my shirt. Then he requests that I do the same to him. That made me laugh a little bit, though I kinda was enjoying it. (Yeah I'm a freak.)

He gives me a tour of the rest of his small but neat ass apartment. (Yeah that's why I'm cleaning my 3-bedroom today...*LOL*) He logs into his different account to briefly check mail. He mentions that he deleted his A4A account because he didn't feel like maintaining one but not to worry that it was because of me. (Damn..was he reading my mind or what..*LOL*..and owww!)

He asks if I want to hang out downtown for the rest of the afternoon. I'm game. He mentions taking the bus later on while I can just drive back home. He must see me make some face because he then says that he's planning on visiting his father on the southside. I don't know if I believe him but at this point we're just getting to know each other, what he does on his own time is his business. I guess I was starting to fall for him...*LOL*.

So we leave the apartment. Besides if we stayed in the apartment much longer, we might've gone all the way.

He suggests we first drive to the nearby beach on Lake Shore Drive. I take the scenic route there...*LOL*. We park at the beach and he comments on how crowded it is today. It's a pretty nice day outside so that's probably why. We walk along a walkway just to the south of the beach and find a spot to just stand and shoot the breeze. We promise next time that we'll actually go into the sand & have a picnic at the beach.

So we walk along Lake Shore Drive's long path towards downtown. Between that time, hundreds of bikers & rollerbladers zoom on by. Aaron gets a bit excited by both and wants to take up in particular rollerblading. We also notice guys that "check" each of us out from time to time. (I guess my small shirt accentuated my pecs a bit...*LOL*.)

It's quite a long walk from 31st street, all of the way to the Water Tower on Michigan Avenue. Look at our path on the Google map provided. During the trek, he mentions that it's part of his jogging route. I'm thankful that I didn't hit the gym that morning. But I'm really enjoying myself walking with him. I may not convey this enough since he keeps asking me if I'm bored. I reassure him that I'm not. We walk over by an exclusive marina, which leads us to discussions on owning a boat. I tell him I have no interest (though I don't mind renting one for a day) while he expresses interest in owning one.

There are some negative spots, though. Before getting to the Water Tower, he takes a phone call on his cell. That's a bit of a no-no since we're supposed to be on a date. He says it was his mother. But then I'm just as guilty when I take a call from "Eugene". Eugene quickly hangs up on me and tells me that he's not going to help me be rude to my date. Then as we're heading back to conclude our date, he dials somebody and makes plans for tomorrow. It slightly peeves me off but then I think of earlier and just sigh. (We'll definitely have to talk about that in the future...*LOL*)

Another potential negative. He starts a second full-time job this Monday. His schedule will be his regular job from 9AM to 5PM, food, sleep, then working from midnight-8AM before starting a new day at his regular. The second gig is paying him a nice amount of change & he's looking to save up for a newer ride. He does mention that he'll have Wednesday and Thursdays off. I don't know. That doesn't seem to leave much time for a relationship.

A relationship? Wow. I mean, do I want one? We've agreed to definitely take the time to get to know each other before any kind of committment takes place. But it's kind of hard to get to that point if there's a possibility of not spending much time together. He doesn't seem to think that would be a problem. We'll see I guess.

Damn. I can't believe I may be ready to take that next step. A serious relationship with a guy. But again, let me not put the cart before the horse.

To be continued...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger HOLIDAY N said...

Hello...I am loving this.The only thing I like more than the early stages of dating someone I really like,is reading about someone else going through the same.I am so glad that you're sharing so much..one thing I will say is be careful of that second job he's taking..if it looks like you're heading down relationship road,be sure that you make time for each other whenever you can..whether it's a breakfast date or a late dinner or even if it's just chilling for a few minutes before one of the jobs...a lot of my break ups have been over the guy working too much..y'know about my last one..he has back to back projects that will keep him away for about 5 months or so..but I'm so glad to see you happy E..(I didn't want to comment on your last name but since you mentioned last post you ain't like it,it had to be hard growing up...lol I would have got you once or twice...lol)

11:26 PM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

WOW. Eric, all I can say is good luck yo. Don't move too fast though. You sound just like me, I guess.

9:12 AM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger No_the_game said...

Eric,

Awwww u r such a good writer. I felt I was following you guys. Sounds you like him ... U know me I am a love preacher. Take your time... Rule # 1 do not show him you are into him. Let him know but not tooo much. I will be checking to see how that goes... I did not know u live in Chi town.

Best,
Nothegame

12:24 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

Go slow and be careful....you seems very trusting...maybe I missed something but seems that was your first visit/meeting...you want to leave something to the imagination...isn't that what keep folks interested...don't show the goods too soon...maybe I'm old fashioned...oh well, good luck with this relationship...

10:20 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I'm with Holiday. I absolutley love reading about someone else's newly-established dating situation. I'm always on pins and needles hoping that something good comes out of it. Good Luck. And remember to tell us all about it.We promise not to tell anyone else.

12:18 AM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

awwwww, how cute! i am a tadbit envious, but happy for you man!

just take your time with it and let it take its course!

good luck!

8:06 AM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home