Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Double Trouble

I'm back from my weekend trip. I couldn't leave a moment too soon. Not necessarily because I had a horrible time. I had a pretty enjoyable weekend. My problem is had I stayed one more day, I would've gained another five pounds. Yes, the food was excellent as usual and I ate more than my fair share of ribs, chicken, potato salad, ice cream, and other sinful foods. I was able to get a workout in earlier this evening, though, so hopefully I've offset most of the damage. Heh!

I was chatting with "Eugene" and one of the subjects that came up was having a twin. I've actually thought about it in the past. I could just imagine the trouble I'd get into with a double. I think I'd be more popular too. I think my twin would bring me out of my inner shell. Who knows where my life would be right now if I had a mirror image staring at me?

But ah-hah! I do have a mirror image staring at me. I'm talking about the 'man in the mirror'. It makes me think of Michael Jackson's song by the same name.

The lyrics of the refrain go like this:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror.
I'm asking him to change his ways.
And no message could have been any clearer:
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change!

Hmmm. So if I look at myself in the mirror, it'll force me to look at what I don't like and perhaps change those things about me. Profound message there. It's one that I need to seriously take to heart. Today.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marz said...

Having a twin would be so hard for me. I would have to strive extra hard to be different. (Plus, the fact many want that twin threesome thing. LOL)

WHERE IS THE SALAD? (LOL)


-Marz

8:39 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home