Thursday, May 26, 2005

I Need A Holiday!

Madonna wasn't kidding when she uttered those words on one of her first singles Holiday. I swear, the job's been kicking my butt lately and not taking no for an answer. It seems like every project was due yesterday and not completing one would jeopardize 'world peace' or something. Arrrrgh!

Thank goodness for Memorial Day weekend. I took off both Friday and Tuesday, even though it's near the end of the month. I'll actually log in from home later in the evening Friday anyway to get a change package approved that needs to go in before end of month so I'm covered anyway. I'm so dedicated. I so need a 20% raise...*LOL*.

I have to pack either tonight or tomorrow since I'll spend the holiday weekend at home in Detroit. I get to see my parents and sisters again. Also I get to enjoy time with the family cats, both of who hate my guts. Fun times indeed! There's a story behind how these latest feline fiends came into my family's life but I'll save that for another time.

I'm finally mailing off payments for the medical bills I incurred during my January emergency trip as well as follow up visits. I swear, the health care system in the U.S. is fucking bullshit! I guess the hospitals have to "make a buck" too but it's fucking ridiculous that I get like 10 separate bills for one visit. I'm grateful to have insurance but unfortunately even my insurance only covers so much. I have to pay over $1000 in medical bills for crap tests and doctors that didn't tell me shit. What a rip! I can't even imagine how much it'd be had I stayed longer than a day. Actually I can but I don't want to...*LOL*. I'm beginning to think I should move to Canada since their medical bills are pretty much covered for every citizen. I'm seriously considering it actually. I can deal with the cold. Hell I've lived in Michigan and Illinois for 31 1/2 of my 32 years...:-)

Anyway remember my faithful readers, I mean reader..*LOL*, remember to take a holiday from the craziness this world throws at you. We all need that time to rejuvenate a bit. Actually I can't wait till June 22nd, that's when I head down to Florida for a few days. Business for half a day, pleasure the rest. I just have to plan my iternary still.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marz said...

I can't stand doctors either.

it's soo funny how you say about one reader, and now you have so many. (Smiling)


-Marz

8:37 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home