Friday, April 15, 2005

Losing the Tax Battle

I went ahead and filed an extension for my taxes. It's the first time I've ever had to do that. Fortunately I don't believe I'll owe the Federal. I don't think I owe the State but it's usually close. I may send them $50, just in case.

Filing a Schedule C for the first time has proved a bit daunting. Another first this year, I'm going to actually go to a tax accountant. I'm currently looking for recommendations. I just need initial help regarding things such as depreciation and inventory. It's not like my business is that complicated but I want to be sure I do it right initially.

I'm pretty independent and like doing things myself. That's why it took me this long to realize I need help. I was hoping to have time these last two weeks to really sit down and make sense of the C stuff but work literally robbed me of that precious time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home