Monday, April 11, 2005

All Gutted Out!

I wasn't even close to a 300 game. My highest score was a 156. My other two games were unmetionable. Sunday's games weren't any better.

Actually just before the third game on Saturday, I started feeling funny. I had this feeling before mid-January and wound up driving myself to emergency. I felt like my chest was tightening and my arm was getting numb. I felt like I was going to die or pass out at any minute. During that time, my blood pressure was measured at 186/102, Hypertension Level 2. They kept me overnight and did all these tests and found nothing wrong with my heart. My pressure was still elevated but did drop to 140/90 (Borderline) before I was discharged the next day.

Two days after that I was on my way to work and innocently popped some Cinnamon gum in my mouth. (And no, I won't name the brand until they give me royalties and they'd probably won't after what I say next.) Next thing I know, I was having that feeling again. I flashed back to that first incident and realized I was chewing the same cinnamon gum. I immediately spit it out and after a half hour, I was better. That was a weird connection as I've never had problems with cinnamon gum before.

So fast forward to April 9th. I was chewing some cinnamon gum that I innocently received from a friend of mine. I took it without really thinking. It was about 30 minutes later when those feelings came back again. All the while I was chewing the gum. I immediately threw it out and took some Ibuprofen. Very weird!

I have to remember now to avoid cinnamon all together. Or maybe gum in general. I haven't really chewed much gum since the first incident.

Other than that, I'm doing okay. I'm still trying to do my taxes. I'm filing a Schedule C for the first time ever. Yeah I got a fledging business. Real fledging...*LOL*. I definitely incurred a loss this year so I'm hoping to get a nice refund.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Luv-nLife said...

That could be some major heartburn...I had something like that happen when I was younger...Dr. told me it was severe heartburn...who knows...Stay away from the Cinnamon gum pa...BAD! LOL

I used to bowl..."Bowling for Laughter" because I really sucked...and still do! Everyone laughed at me...it was a sad day in my life's history, LOL

Hope all is well E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Majick

1:13 PM, April 11, 2005  
Blogger Marz said...

You might be allergic to cinnamon and need to get that tested or something. Never know when you might get some cinnamon infused pancakes or something.



-Marz

8:16 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home