Friday, February 19, 2010

Free & Easy



Free and easy living is what I'm doing today. I took off for a much needed break from work. I'm just chilling at home and will soon head over to the Home Depot that my friend Sally works at to look into getting a new door set.

Life's been okay. On the car front I'm still adjusting to the feel of the ride. It doesn't feel the same as before and at times I still feel like another blowout is imminent. I'm hoping it's mostly in my head. I've taken the car in to the dealer since the accident and after they replaced the wheel bearings, they assured me that nothing else is wrong. Discount Tire was saying something was up with the tie rods but Nissan says its fine. I don't know. I admit I'm this close to trading it in.

The funny story there is I did go to CarMax to get my Altima appraised. They offered the bare minimum amount I was willing to take for the car. I still would've owed about $1300 on the current loan. But the car I was looking to buy...a Toyota Camry...is of course part of a huge recall. Ooops. I somehow missed the memo. (Actually at the time I went to CarMax, the news on Camry had just came out earlier that day.) So needless to say I didn't make a trade.

I also actually finished my taxes earlier this week. I usually wait till the very last minute to get it done. But I need my refund for the door and also to pay off my credit card. So it'll come in handy.

Helping me also on that front is a recently announced 3% raise I got at my job. According to my new boss, not everybody was getting raises this year. Assuming Remoboss2 is telling the truth, I have to say that I'm stoked to be one of the lucky few. Either I'm doing something right or I'm severely underpaid. *LOL*.

On the dating front, my dating experiences have been depressing. It's the usual crap. I think I may just have to accept the fact that I'll pretty much be single for the rest of my life. It's too much bullshit out there.

Being single is not so bad though. I admit though I am getting more set in my ways. So I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I could live with another guy. But never say never right?

Hemingway I need to catch up on everyone else's lives. I hope you all are doing great in the O-10.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger CrocoEmbossed said...

Don't give up on love just yet - it can still happen.

But I totally relate to getting stuck in your ways. I'm 25, live alone and recently starting dating someone real hard and heavy. As much as I love spending time with him at my place, I sometimes can't wait for him to leave so I can do things that no one else can bear witness too (i.e. clip my toenails, wild out on the phone, pass gas (I'm so gross)).

But I think with time I will get better with it, so would you.

4:47 PM, February 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home