Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Verizon On Blast

I'm about to pull a CocoaRican and put Verizon on blast. The lack of customer service I received yesterday at one of their locations was deplorable. I walked in the store on Monday afternoon during my work break with the full intention of purchasing a USB Broadband modem and start a service plan. I did my research on modems online after being pissed with Comcast for the 500th time. They should be on blast too but I've blasted them in the past so it's Verizon's turn to be in the heat today.

Back to the Verizon store, after perusing a few items and being surprised nobody asked if I needed help, I went up to one of the counters where three associates were standing around. None of them even looked my way. I stood there and listened as two of them were planning where to go for lunch while the third was looking for some kind of cord for a desktop. Eventually he found his cord and he along with the other two associates disappeared in the back area, leaving me standing.

No 'I'll be with you in a moment' or 'Can I help you?', you know, the two basic questions that seem like common sense. I was pissed and just decided to leave the store. I guess it's not my style to make a scene. A small part of me wanted to but didn't.

I wound up ordering the modem online instead, which is probably where I should've ordered it in the first place.

But I am hoping not to let those folks get away with what they've done. I wrote a two page letter (and sealed it with a kiss) to Thomas 'T.J.' Fox, the President of the Illinois/Wisconsin Region. I researched the corporation on Hoovers.com and after getting all the titles of the folks in their corporate office. Of course I saw the overall CEO Ivan Seidenberg but he's way too on the top of the food chain so I knew I had to find regional folks. Hoovers revealed the job titles of all their top execs without their names (I think you have to pay to get it). But I did a search on his title and found his name. A quick verification on Chicagobusiness.com website verified him and this site also verified him along with other top brass as well.

So my plan is to send the letter detailing what happened that afternoon and basically I'll be interested in seeing what he says or does. I also plan to do a delivery confirmation to make sure it's received.

It may take five months for me to hear anything back but at least he's in a position to take action. And I know these stores have incentives to be among the top stores so they can get their little rewards. So this would be something that may lower their ranking.

Besides I still have my cell phone service with AT&T. I was thinking about switching to Verizon but I may have to hold off on that.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hysterical! I'm usually too tied-up to post a comment - but trust I read! Happy new year friend! Stay well.

7:44 AM, January 11, 2010  
Blogger Sparkle Bell said...

Good for you. So often we just deal with bad service, instead of taking action.

9:16 AM, January 12, 2010  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Now that's how you get a biatch together!!!

8:43 PM, January 17, 2010  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Do NOT get me started about Verizon. I detest the Verizon Wireless stores and the people who work in them. If I could build my own mobile devices and wireless network I would...lol. No joke. But I feel your pain. Do what you have to do to get the service you deserve. When you're putting out money for something every month and they can't produce quality products and customer service - we have a BIG problem. And as paying customers we don't have to take it. I salute you!

10:45 PM, January 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home