Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Check-Out Stand

Summer has finally decided to make its descent onto Chicagoland and I for one can't be happier. Even though the humidity has been quite high these last few days, I keep reminding myself as I'm baking in the sun that my body is getting its natural supply of Vitamin D. That's become especially critical due to my recent diagnosis.

Sally and I have been hanging out a lot these past few months. She's still underemployed and continues to do the juggling act paying her various bills. A job offer that was made way back in April had long fell through due to the guy making the offer (who was a friend of Rock's friend though not necessarily a friend of Rock's) not having the proper authority to make the hire.

It's been a tough road for Sally. I've had to do my best to comfort her whenever the situation overwhelmed her. I feel very frustrated because I wish I could more to help her as well as being worried about my own situation. Yeah yeah...for years I've talked about chucking the job but unfortunately I still need the steady gig. So far my position is relatively secure but you can never be too sure.

So Hemingway Sally and I have been hanging out studying to become Project Management Professionals. We both took an online class on PMP back in January (well she talked me into taking it...*LOL*) And since the class ended in April, we've been meeting weekly to study for the exam. My exam date is scheduled for June 29th.

But we took a break from studying to go to this festival in Evanston called Custer's Last Stand. According to the info, CLS is an extension of the Evanston Festival Theatre, and the main purpose is to offer a showcase for local artists, craftspeople, and entertainers.

So the highlight of this festival was Sally mentioning that this hot dude that was working one of the tents was totally checking me out. Dreambiceps and I did make eye contact but I thought he was just trying to sell me something. Plus Sally and I were looking for a place to sit to eat some food that we bought. But she swears that she saw him doing the once over checking my ass and tight calves out.

So later on after eating and walking around elsewhere I suggested we walk back towards that area. Sally settled on a jewelry shop five booths away while I stood just outside it waiting. To my surprise Dreambiceps starting walking towards where I stood. He sort of was doing this looking everywhere but at me thing but it seemed clear that he was interested. But my silly ass didn't take advantage of it.

So Hemingway towards the end we were listening to some jazz on one of the stages near the entrance we came from. I was harping to Sally about Dreambiceps and she was like you need to go back there and talk to him. So after a bit of back and forth, I agreed.

I nervously walked back towards his booth. Before going there, I detoured inside a nasty port-a-potty. I did my business, thankfully of the number 1 kind (TMI...I know..*LOL*) and then I approached Dreambiceps. He introduced himself and then we sorta discussed what his business could do for me and then he gave me a mini-flyer with an 800 number. I wasn't as bold as I wanted to be and he didn't come out and say he was interested. So I sort of dismissed it.

But I decided to call the 800 number (with Sally's prodding) when I knew nobody would be working and there happened to be a directory listing and his extension came up. So I may just to give him a ring. We'll see.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger JACK said...

mmmm - biceps. Those are my favorite. A great set of arms can make up for just about any other lack of anything. Love arms.

10:42 AM, June 25, 2009  
Blogger Ladynay said...

So you called back and spoke to him right?.......right?

9:47 PM, June 25, 2009  
Blogger E said...

Lol Ladynay. I called but got his voicemail. I left a message but no call back. Maybe tomorrow.

10:02 PM, June 25, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

So what happened?

10:37 AM, July 12, 2009  
Blogger CrocoEmbossed said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:32 AM, July 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home