Monday, February 16, 2009

McLaughin Stud

If anyone watches the McLaughin Group, the last word you would use to describe anyone on the McLaughin group is a stud. I keep forgetting to watch the show but always enjoy watching the antics of the various members of the group whenever I do get to watch it. Nine times out of ten, I'm usually able to catch it whenever I'm in Detroit visiting my folks.

Looking at the trusty Internet Movie Database site, apparently the show's been on the air since 1982, though it's not clear whether or not John McLaughin has been host since that time. I do see that they have transcripts (including videos) of previous shows on their website from 1998 to present.

So back to the stud comment. Hemingway I was in Detroit this past weekend visiting my parents for the purpose of attempting to declutter some of the items that they have. The reason being that I'm hoping to get them ready for eventually moving out of the old house they're living in now and moving into a smaller place.

So it was Sunday late morning and the McLaughin group was airing their weekly show. As usual I was laughing at John McLaughin's antics along with the various panel members. I noticed that one of their regulars wasn't on this particular episode, namely Eleanor Clift. Instead my eyes and ears were pleasantly assaulted by guest commentator Demetri Sevastopulo. I admit to not caring which side of the political spectrum he was on, just as long as the camera was trained on him and he was allowed to speak. Maybe I read too much into it, but I sensed the other panelists were equally as enamored of him.

I don't know much about him but he's a writer for the Financial Times newpaper. Some of his articles that have been written are included in this link. The link even has an email address for him. I'm so tempted to email but I should probably know more about his work so I don't come across sounding like a fanboy, which I guess this blog entry is all about. Unfortunately there aren't that many pictures of Sevastopulo out there on the Internet. The two I found on Google is what I linked in this entry and aren't his most flattering, even though they give a good idea of his physical appearance. But if you look at the YouTube video below of last week's McLaughin Group episode, he first shows up around the two minute, fifty four second mark. Plus based on IMDB (I love that site), he's made at least two previous appearances on the show, once on 09/09/2007 and again on 12/21/2008. Looks like I have some viewing to do...*LOL*.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Okay...on second looks, he may not be the hottest guy in the world, but for McLaughin standards, he's very attractive.

12:49 AM, February 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauty is in the eye of the...

Case Closed. Have you heard the term "sexy-ugly" (not referring to your guy)?

11:31 AM, February 19, 2009  
Blogger Ladynay said...

As I waited for the 2 minutes and change to pass I read the previous post....

mmmmmmmm Wow!

5:08 PM, February 19, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

He didn't do anything for me.

6:54 PM, March 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home