Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mama Love

My Mother - author John Irving Pearce Jr.

The surest love, the safest love
The love that never lies ;
The purest love, the gravest love
The love that never dies.

All these and more is Mother-Love
That beams from holy eyes ;
There is no love that's half the love
That Mother-Love implies.

I went home this past weekend to visit my folks for Mother's Day. In the basement of their house hanging on the wall was a simple frame with this poem. It summed up pretty nicely why I love my Mom so much.

I have so many memories of my Mom and her showing me her love. She was always the one that was there to protect me. I remember once when I was young, peeing on myself at K-Mart. Umm that was a different retailer from the one I mentioned before. Geesh I guess I really did have trouble keeping my bodily fluids to myself. Hemingway. My Dad was mad at me for my actions and threatened to leave me behind. My Mom immediately jumped in and said if he left me, then she would stay behind as well. (Of course I know my Dad wouldn't have left me.) There was another memory where younger sis Trina and I were scrapping for money to buy a Nintendo game at the counter and my Mom was there scrapping a few dollars as well. It was a bit of a cute scene in my mind. Every first Friday of the month, our school let us off for a half-day. Since my Dad needed to be at work, on those days my Mom would meet us and we'd walk home or catch the bus from school (of course after we did some window shopping). That doesn't even count all the times she's cleaned, cooked, and took care of the household.

That's why I always try to take care of my Mom when I visit. I usually go to the store and buy a lot of different fruit that I know she likes. I usually take her shopping and am always trying to chip in to give her cash, even though she usually refuses.

She's done so much for me. I wish I could do more for her so I try to do what I can when I see her. I don't need a holiday to tell me that I love my Mom but it's nice to have one anyway. I love you Mama.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

wow E... thank you.

i hadnt read anything so simply beautiful in a long time.

3:39 AM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - you peed on ur self - ugh!

3:19 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Anthony Hamilton said it best....Mama Knew Love. It's always good to see someone expressing their love for their mother.

12:37 AM, May 15, 2008  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Aww, you so sweet. I miss my Moma!!

7:49 AM, May 15, 2008  
Blogger Ty said...

That was nice. Thanks for sharing.

7:53 PM, May 16, 2008  
Blogger j_shanlin said...

i think i almost cried. i want my mommy

11:40 AM, May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home