Monday, January 02, 2006

I Want IT

Where have I heard that title before? Oh yeah, I remember where I got IT from.

Well, just like That Dude Right There so nicely put IT (Heh.), I want IT in the 06.

I'm probably going to sound incoherent today, though I can't blame IT on alcohol. IT's just my thoughts are so jumbled up, I can't really organize them.

Hemingway if you've been following me last month, you know that I took part in Ms. Holiday's 30 day challenge. Well the deadline was over days ago. So how did I do?

Well, you guys know I exceeded my goal in cleaning up the house. But IT's hard work to maintain. I found myself starting the ritual of piling shit up again. Why do I do that? I don't need IT. (Heh...had to sneak yet another "IT" in there.) Sigh. I just life is like that. You have to constantly mind your own. Otherwise things get out of whack just like that.

Let's see. I also had that goal of exercising 15 minutes every morning God graces me to wake. Well, that one didn't quite pan out. I did start that food diary but I sorta got a bit lazy after the holidays. I blame IT on the holiday food eating. Ok. Who am I kidding? My ass dropped the ball. Let's just say I ate a lot of bad shit over the holiday...you know the good stuff like turkey, yams, sweet potatoe pie. I even went to McDonald's as soon as I got back from the train station. IT was after midnight and I was hungry. Confucius would say that psychologically since I knew Eugene was meeting his friend at Mickey D's, I deep down wanted to experience the same thing. Or maybe I would say IT.

Oh my gosh. I told you I was incoherent today. And again, that's without alcohol...*LOL*. I promise I'll start continuing the food diary thing soon. Moving on.

I had another goal of learning two different tools of choosing better investments. I have done pretty good in this arena. I learned about pivot points and resistance and support levels as I alluded to in an earlier post. So that's been done.

My final goal was to complete two chapters of my elusive chapter. I didn't make my goal unfortunately.

But the good news is that just because I didn't make all my goals by Jan 1, it doesn't mean that I can't achieve it by February.

So back to IT. What do I want?

I was sitting in the parking lot recently waiting for a friend to leave Bally's. He had the car keys so I was pretty much stuck. There was this little beetle that was crawling toward my feet. I was a bit bored and in my moment of boredom, I flung the beetle back. The beetle was momentarily stunned but I was amazed when IT decided to crawl back towards me. I flung IT back again. Once again, IT came back towards me. I flung IT back again.

Then I thought. Damn. That beetle just taught me a basic priniciple that I forgot. IT was determined to get to my side of the sidewalk and each time an obstacle (Me, myself, and I.) threw a setback at IT. But each time I did that, the beetle was determined to get there. IT had that determinaton no matter how many times I stood in IT's way. And that's how I need to be in the 06. If I can see IT, I can do IT. If I believe IT, there's nothing to IT. That don't mean I believe I can fly, though (Heh.). But I can do whatever I put my mind to. So I need to keep that in mind, for whatever IT is that I want.

Mariah Carey's early hit Make IT Happen says IT best (for me): "Still I have to keep on going. Never knowing if I could take IT. If I would make IT through the night. I held on to my faith. I struggled and I prayed. And now I finally come my way."

That's how life is. We have to come our way somehow. And I believe whatever IT is I want to change, I'll eventually do so.

Happy 2006 everyone!

P.S. Realizing that the beetle taught me an important lesson, I did the right thing and flung IT back towards where IT was going. I did IT right on time too because my friend would've probably crushed IT...*LOL*.

10 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

The Beetle Metaphor: HOT SHIT!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

5:31 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Ah that beetle thingy was the best and how you related it back to determination. In 06 I am gon' be like the beetle and never give up when I'm trying to reach a goal. I know you will do the same thing too. Blessings....

7:37 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Well you betta do IT then!

I think that GOD put that beetle in front of you so that you could realize just what you realized. Thanks for sharing his work with us.

8:35 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

ANIMAL ABUSER. I'm calling the ASPCA. (LOL JK)


Animals, and nature teach us so much. They have so much wisdom on certain things, that we as humans (the superior race) lack.


-Marz

11:44 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Happy New Year!

11:53 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

I get it, a modern aesop fable. O_o
Happy 2006.
-JV

4:02 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

DO IT!!!!

7:32 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

E the way you hooked up the beetle analogy I felt a sermon coming on...I can hear it, the organ riff as you tie that thing up. Go head preach it brother. say it amen.

Don't ask why but know it was not alcohol inspired.

9:06 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Stone said...

Happy New Year baby!!!!

8:40 AM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I want IT too, and I will describe what IT means in a blog within the next week.

4:09 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home