Saturday, November 19, 2005

Can You Keep A Secret?

One of my favorite songs ever by Toni Braxton came off her Secrets album. It's a shame that a video for Talking In His Sleep was never released and unfortunately the song barely got out of the Top 40. I think what I liked about it was Toni's sexy speaking voice. I definitely could put myself in the director's seat on that video. This entry is my faulty attempt to correcting that oversite. So sit back and enjoy my first attempt at making a video...well a blogdeo...*LOL*.

Talking In His Sleep
- Toni Braxton

[The camera zooms onto an empty stage and then the lovely Toni Braxton in front of a mircophone.]

Toni: "So you know everything about your lover?"

[...a beat passes before Toni resumes repeats a mantra softer and softer...]

Toni: "Wanna bet? Wanna bet? Wanna bet?"

[...cue in the refrain while a nighttime vision of the outside of the home eventually zooms into an upstairs window...]


REFRAIN:
My oh my
How can this be?

[...camera zooms in on Toni on phone while man is sleeping in bed...]

There he goes
Talking in his sleep
By and by

[...camera zooms in on a man making out with a woman...]

He will connive
Does he know

[...camera zooms in on sleeping man...]

He's talking in his sleep

[...camera zooms in on various Toni shots as she speaks the first verse...]

VERSE1:
The affair...ok!
He's caught.
What do I do? What do I say?
I feel ashamed, embarrassed, fatigued
Such a petty crime
Of sexual indiscretion

[...camera zooms in singing Toni, sleeping man, and defiant Toni...]

At night when he lays down
How I wish I could not hear the sound
But I could
All the things that he'd say

[...Repeat refrain sequence...]
[...camera zooms in wedded couple...]

Verse 2:
Adultery...that's what they call it when you're married
[...camera zooms in on men preparing to throw stones at poor Toni...]

Tell me something...
Why is that the men are forgiven and the women aren't?
[...camera zooms in on Toni on phone while man is sleeping in bed...]

I don't know...maybe..maybe I should forgive him...
[...camera zooms in on various shots of Toni...]


Maybe I'm overreacting...what do you think...NOT!
[...camera zooms in wedded couple and singing Toni...]

BRIDGE 2:
The promises he made
Said we'd be together for always

[...camera zooms in Toni talking on phone and man sleeping...]


He's such a liar
Then he calls out her name

[...repeat refrain sequence...]
[...camera zooms in on various Toni shots as she speaks the 3rd bridge..]


BRIDGE 3:

Guilty Secrets
They are haunting my life
And he doesn't even know that I know

[...camera zooms in Toni talking on phone and man sleeping...]

Can you hear him?

[...Repeat Bridge 2...]
[...repeat refrain sequence...]

[...reverse nighttime vision of window close-up leading to panaramic view of the house...]


Can You Keep A Secret? (To be continued...)

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger MZPEACH said...

I love that song! OMG I loved that song. For real. This post was absolutely beautiful E. You are a genius. For real. I am going to listen to that song again because I had forgotten about it. Whoa, I am blown away. Great post.**Imagine me standing up clapping**** Gosh, I haven't listend to that song for Years. Probably more than five years ago. Thanks E.

4:21 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger X said...

I don't have the 1st three CDS or MTAW, but I do remember that song. You have to be the only brotha who loves Toni more than me! For me, she picked up where Whitney fizzled out. I am so fascinated with Toni and love her music. I hope in the no-so-distant future that she becomes the face for Tiffany & Co. I would really like to see her in ads. Good video treatment!!!

4:51 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Marz said...

OMG. I do the same thing for songs, that don't get videos and deserve one, or the videos are a mess.

(I have so many videos in my head becuase of that.LOL)

God Bless

-Marz

8:05 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Thanks everyone! I didn't even include all the sexy ad-libs Toni was doing in the song...stuff like...'There he goes again'...'Mmm mmm mmm'...'Talking...(mumbling something incoherent..*LOL*)', 'Muh baby...(mumbling something incoherent...*LOL*)...:-)

10:51 AM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

silly

12:26 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

You know, that's my second favorite Toni song. It's one of those "damn, I can feel how she felt" songs...

Good job on the pics and whatnot. That was hot!

9:43 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

E what are you trying to do make me like Toni....

10:50 PM, November 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Toni!!! I wish I could marry her!! **My eyes open from dreamland**. I love that song too. I just listened to it about 5 mins. ago. What a coincidence. I love your screenplay for a video. Great Job!!!!

1:11 AM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Um...how much time did you put into this?

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

11:17 AM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger Stone said...

I love tony but as of late she has been writing so much crappy sounds. I wish for the good ole days with her and baby face

9:52 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

you really put a lot of thought into that video huh?

i admit, i could visualize it ... maybe you have a future in music video direction/production!

GOOD JOB!

11:31 AM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger Clay said...

you know how i feel about toni ..................... however, i LOVE that song especially when she says "faitgued" - lol

1:31 PM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger admin said...

Secrets is my favorite Toni CD. Great job on the video setup.

7:24 AM, November 25, 2005  
Blogger Rell said...

i love me some Toni, she is my boo (but don't tell anyone it's a secret).

4:30 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home