Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Down By The Boondocks

You guys do know I have a new TV show on adult swim, right? It's based loosely on my life and that of my brother Riley..and....oh! Wait a minute! Quick body check! Ohh, I was confusing myself with my avatar picture again. I'm E. My avatar's Huey. I'm E. He's Huey. I'm E. He's Huey. Oooh, that could be a rap.

Hemingway I'm going to have to catch the new Boondock's TV series. I believe it airs Sunday nights. I do love the comic. Hopefully the series lives up to the comic strip. Anyone watch the series premiere out there in blogland?

I was looking up the voice information for this and was a bit surprised by the choice of the voice (choice of the voice...that sounds like that should be the name of a contest) for the characters Huey and Riley. Regina King, who got her big break way back in 1985 starring in the hit comedy series 227. She played opposite Marla Gibbs & the scene stealing Jackée Harry. It was cool seeing her make her way into the big film. Of course, she always has to play the wife of one of the main characters. Her most distinguished role was in the film Jerry McGuire, where she played the no nonsense, umm, wife..*LOL*...of Cuba Gooding's character Rod Tidwell. Show me the money! Show me the money! Show me the money! (You know...that's pretty much everyone's mantra these days, especially when the job is so cheap about giving raises. But that's another side rant...sorry!)

It's not like women playing the voices of male characters is unheard of. Look no further than the longest running cartoon series The Simpsons. The character of Bart Simpson (hmmm, this is the 2nd time I've mentioned him in my blog...*LOL*) is voiced by a lady named Nancy Cartwright (talk about having a nice long-term paying gig). The best thing about voice work I imagine is that it doesn't matter what you look like. You could come in your P.J.s I imagine. Plus you can always have the script in front of you. I mean, it's not like anyone would notice.

So I'll definitely have to give the series a look see & check out Regina's cartoon voice chops. She's also actually doing a character for an upcoming movie that's currently filming called Antz Bully. From a poster on the IMDB boards, it sounds like it's going to be a cross between A Bug's Life & Antz. If it's a hit when it comes out, you heard it here first...*LOL*.

It's now almost 11PM Chicago time. I have to tune into Oprah to catch the Terry McMillian/Johnathan Plummer showdown. Political/entertainment blogger Rod 2.0 already has the lowdown on the production & how deep Oprah really is involved in the story. He also shares interesting theories on whether Terry & Johnathan are just making up the feud to sell her latest book. Hmmm, I smell conspiracy. And hmmm, I smell popcorn. Until next time.

8 Comments:

Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Aaron McGruder pulls the right strings. He knows how to spark a discussion with more than just gratitious shock-value stunts (actually he uses just enough of that). I'll be interested to see how the show develops.

11:45 PM, November 09, 2005  
Blogger princessdominique said...

I missed the Aaron's show and Oprah. Geez, I'm in a time warp!

11:59 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

AS AN ADULT SWIM FAN...

I MOST DEF WILL BE WATCHING THE SHOW.
I MISSED IT LAST SUNDAY.

I CAN'T BELEIVE REGINA IS THE VOICE VERY INTERESTING!

4:12 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

you forget about her role in Ray ... Regina was outstanding and won lots of awards off that performance ... she is a great actress.

i dunno how i feel about the boondocks cartoon. i have not seen it, but i am told that it is not what people expected it to be. it is a new show, however, so we will see!

8:19 AM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

I always miss good quality television for being at work. Phooey

12:27 AM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

Terry staging her break up is ludacris as Mike Tyson would say. That boy really looks gay. HE looks like he is wearing lipstick and his mannerisms. Most folks you can't tell but with him you can. Terry should have known. I hope no one thinks I am making a sterotypical statement about him looking gay but I truly feel she should have known. Regina King is a great actress. My nephew and I were discussing her today because she usually plays in good quality roles.

12:58 AM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

I love Regina King...She has made a name for herself...I think I heard her in a commercial for KFC or somethin too...lol...havent seen the show tho.

10:35 AM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Rell said...

Love the show and been reading the comic strip for as long as I can remember.

Onily I don't like about it and this could of been anyone's voice, is that for so long I've had the voices in side my head that I made. Now they're gone and replaced with something far different, it's weird.

4:32 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home