Thursday, November 03, 2005

Repeat Visitor

Okay...I received a bit of a shock today. I got a voicemail in my office from Charles. If you don't remember him, check out this post to catch up. Yeah, that Charles!

Since Charles moved out of state to get hitched, to keep his job, he's been telecommuting to our Chicago office one week a month. He's been doing this for over a year.

So Hemingway he left a message asking if he could crash at my place for a week again. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard the request. I have to give him an answer tomorrow. I know what it's going to be but am I ready to do so?

I mean, he did make the discovery about me and all, but it was the most awkward situation I found myself in. I don't care to relive it. So for once, I'm going to say 'NO'. I have to get over my feeling like an asshole and any fears that he may blow my cover at work. Things may get interesting. If only it were April 2007 right about now...*LOL*.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hmmmmm ... interesting ... i dunno what the harm is in letting him stay. obviously he trusts you and considers you a friend ... but then again it is your life and your choice ...

how ya been man? we have not talked much ...

8:33 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

what's happening April 2007???

2:21 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Tell him HELL NO! And say it just like that! HELL NO!

6:47 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Heh dude...I did say No but not quite like that..:-)

GQ...The beginning of my 2nd life.

Teebee...thanks! I still can't believe I've been with the same company so long.

Mashawn...it has been a minute. I'm doing okay.

Freekonature...it's no harm I guess but in all honesty, I just wasn't up for visitors. Plus I need to stop saying 'YES' all the time.

11:34 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

I say to follow your instincts. If you don't want folks on your job knowing your business keep them separate.

12:42 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

You know, my home is always open to a friend. Even if I'm upset with them, they know they have a place with me. BUT, I don't fool with people who try to pop in and out of my life... ain't gonna happen.

I recently helped a friend, and had no problem doing it. We fought a bit, but I wouldn't change a thing. That friend has my help whenever its need. That privledge should only go to some special.

8:53 AM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home