Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Seeing Signs

The Sign - Ace of Base

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
No one's gonna drag you up into the light
where you belong
But where do you belong?

I never was a big fan of Ace of Base. But I did like that song. Well that song and the one about a girl only wanting another baby. Then again, that was their only hits. Right?

Hemingway I was tripping yesterday when attending a company townhall gathering (at the Hilton - Heh, not that Hilton). The first sign I got was being whacked in the head by some idiot's coat as he was taking it off. In idiot's defense, he probably didn't intend on whacking me with it. But idiot didn't exactly apologize either. Idiot.

The gathering was for us to hear from the company's CEO about how we've done as a company in 2005. It was boring as hell. The dude sitting next to me was snoring a couple times. That was hilarious and kept me from snoring myself. (Some sources have told me that I snore. *LOL*)

I didn't receive my final sign until an hour and fifteen minutes into the CEO's presentation. In one of the slides, there was a new slogan that the CEO wanted us to adapt in relation to our jobs. The slide had three words. "Make It Happen." I tripped when I read that. What was even more trippy was that the word "IT" was flashing in red. Just like the red ITs on my "I Want IT" entry. I marveled to my co-worker about IT. He smirked that I seemed just a bit too excited about it, especially since I didn't share my inside knowledge of my personal ITs origin. An origin that goes beyond working for the man.

If that wasn't a sign that I need to make things happen for myself in the 06, I don't know what is. It's amazing how signs come to you sometimes. I'd love to hear about some of the signs you've all got.

6 Comments:

Blogger MADD MAN said...

See!!!!!!You just have to look for them. The sign are everywhere.

10:13 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Man, I forgot all about Ace of Base. You're hilarious.

1:17 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

I'm glad Im not the only one who believes in signs. I have been contemplating moving to New York forever, but even more the past couple of weeks. Recently MTV True Life had an episode titled I'm moving to New York..I guess that's my sign....

11:10 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger dugla said...

Your sign is my sign so lets "make it happen"

2:06 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Well, when you "Make It Happen" you can send my royalty check to...

5:53 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

we have signs all around us, but we don't realize them.. unfortunately, some when its too late...


ACE OF BASE ROCKS!

10:19 AM, January 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home