Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Cold-Started

I had the most crazy day today. It started out innocent enough with me driving along listening to Paula Abdul's Straight Up CD. As I sang about the way that you love me and how I was knocked out taking two steps back, I as usual was playing around with the A/C. Unfortunately my A/C's been on the fritz for over two years. The air resistor thingie died and basically the only way my air works is if I put on real high. Of course, that gets cold real fast so I have to moments later, turn it off. Apparently doing this back and forth caused my display lights and gauges to all go out of whack. I was so afraid my car was going to die on the way to work but I made it to the office, where upon shutting off the engine, the car literally stopped motion in a New York Second, unlike normally where it'd gradually die down. I thought nothing of it and went into the office.

Work. Problems, problems, problems. Unfortunately a lot of accounts weren't updated with application sensitive data. The issue wound up being due to a conversion step being forgotten. It took me half the day to figure that out.

In the meantime, I tried to get a break from the office by going out to Subway's. I get to my car and it won't start. I sit in the car for a minute just stunned. I pop open the trunk as if I had a fucking clue what to do. Umm, nope! I sighed as I slammed it back and wound up ordering mundane cafeteria food before they closed shop.

After working through work issues some more, I go to security to see if they have jumper cables. They don't and apparently the company doesn't want to get involved for fears that a sneaky employee might want to sue.

Luckily I was able to find a co-employee ("Bob") who had a set of jumper cables. He was able to start my car right off once the connections were made. Bob suggested I turn off my engine and try starting it on my own. It didn't click. He redid the connections and I was able to start it straight away. Bob was nice enough to let me have the jumper cables in case I needed them on the way home.

I decided to stop by the place where I purchased my battery. I wanted to see if perhaps something was wrong with it. Logically that would make sense but I was horrified that it may have been my alternator, which would cost mucho dinero. I was fortunate enough that it was a bad battery and they replaced it free of charge. How cool is that?

I later went to work out. And I went on the track!!!!! I'm so hyped up.

2 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Yeah! I definitely will. Thanks for stopping by.

8:24 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Marz said...

( LOL at how you're going to react to my million comments in your inbox. LOL)

Got to Walmart and get some jumper cables. A pair have saved the crazy heifers and I in some crazy situations. (LOL reminiscing.)

-Marz

9:51 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home