Wednesday, August 10, 2005

When Desperation Cries

My first thoughts when seeing this title was that it was quite deep. Webster has two definitions on desperation. Definition #1 - the condition of being desperate. Okay. Definition #2 - recklessness arising from despair. These days, if you hear the word desperate, the first thing on most people's minds is Desperate Housewives. You know, it's that crazy ABC show that's one of their biggest hits. Sigh. I ain't even gonna lie. I watched that shit every Sunday, even though I'm still not over ABC dicking The Mole, the absolute most perfect reality show out there. Bless ABC's hearts for still having the link up. Ahhh, memories. On that note:

DHedie
Congratulations! You are Edie Britt, the serial divorcee whose romantic conquests have everyone buzzing.

Which Desperate Housewife are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Heh! I doctored my answers so that it'd point to Edie. She's definitely my favorite. ABC, you're still not off the hook.

So back to the title. When Desperation Cries is the story of a young black girl growing up during the Great Depression of the 30s who gets kidnapped by an evil employer and is forced into slavery at said employer's house for six years, instead of the two weeks the employer told her family. It goes through the trials and turbulations of this young girl and how she eventually was able to make her escape. I bought the book a month ago from one of my college buddies whose aunt is the author of the book. His published aunt, Erin Cummings, wrote the story based on what her mother, the young girl in the story, told her. I hadn't the opportunity to read it until a couple days ago. I wasn't able to put the book down at all, except to go to sleep or...work. The characters just jump out at you and you find yourself cheering for Ruthie. I wish I were Oprah. I can wave my hands and say...."I command you. Buy this book. NOW!" And millions of her followers would do so. But I'm just eric g. from around the way. I have to say, though, on the off chance that I have any influence of anyone, you simply must buy it. Umm, now!

I worked out again tonight. I made it through okay, even though I was a bit tired towards the end. I came home and immediately tried some Miracle Greens. Yes, it arrived earlier today. I decided to do half a serving since I didn't want to shock my body too much. I mixed it in plain water. It tasted okay, though I may not have mixed it enough since it was pretty chalky as I reached my final gulp. It's too early to tell whether I feel different or not. I'll probably know after a few days, I guess.

Ironically desperation drove me to Miracle Greens. My doctor claims that I'm 100% healthy. My bp average as of last Friday was 134/79 Pulse 70, which is okay. When I got it checked at the office, it was 116/82. I just don't know what to think. I'd feel better about his claim if I didn't feel like I was being rushed through. He dismissed pretty much all my theories on causes (other than stress, which I honestly don't think is the culprit since I've always been stressed.) and even frowned when asked what I did to reduce the stress. I told him I drank 2-3 cups of green tea. I guess he doesn't believe in alternative medicine. So I didn't even tell him I was considering Super Greens.

I'm just going to take things one day at a time. That's all you can do. If I drop dead tomorrow, I'm so haunting my doctor. *LOL*.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger KneeDeep said...

Miracle Greens? I've learn something new...
KD

10:28 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Many, many men watch Desparate Housewives, and not just gay men either. I watch Desparate Housewives religiously, and I love the show so much that I buy it on DVD in September even tho I have seen every episode.

Peace.

Waddie G.

9:23 PM, August 13, 2005  
Blogger Marz said...

I LOVE Desperate Housewives, especially Bree and her family. ( THAT SON OF HERS, MY LAWD. LOL)


-Marz

9:35 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home