Sunday, June 19, 2005

It Wasn't Me

Yesterday started out typical enough. I woke up around 7:30 A.M. and decided to get some early housework in. I completed that just around 11AM. So I then went online to goof off. I decided while online to go pay my credit card bill for the month. So I log in to the site and check out my transactions. I was shocked to see transactions that didn't belong to me.

What caught my eye was multiple charges to Marathon gas station ranging from $30-$50. First off, I drive a Cavalier and the most money I could spend filling it up would be $25. Then I saw a $200 charge from Menard's when I hadn't even gone there recently. Needless to say, I was upset.

So I called my company and spoke to their security department. We went over the different transactions to determine what were my charges and what weren't. It was suspected that my account number was pulled when ordering from a website on June 1st. It was a gift card for my sister at a restaurant. I should've checked if it was a secure website. In viewing the site in question, nowhere on there did they mention how they were secured, so I'm assuming that's how my account was compromised. I did confirm from my sister that she got the card.

Once we finished going over the charges, the card company immediately closed my account and will issue me a new card that'll arrive sometime late next week. It unfortunately will likely not arrive until after my trip to Florida and it was my only card so I hope my debit card will be okay. I have to add that my card was still in my possession. Whoever stole my account information was also able to create a new card.

The fun just never ends for me.

Oh yeah! Today's Father's Day! I called my Dad yesterday and we spoke about different things, including his financial woes. I wish there were more I could do to help. But until some financial windfall comes my way, that's not happening. I do wish him the best today and every day.

Hopefully better days are in store for all of us.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marz said...

I think you should cut up your credit cards. (It would help fighting the temptation. LOL)


-Marz

8:51 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home