Saturday, April 09, 2005

Why The Blogger Title?

You may be wondering why I called my blog Half & Half, Tit & Tat!

Well I was inspired by the UPN comedy hit show by the same name. The show stars the lovely Rachel True and her tatas. Trust me, she's got a full rack and she's not afraid to accentuate them. RT plays the role of Half-Sister Mona. Essence Atkins is the other half of the sisterly equation. The premise is that two half-sisters who previously became estranged suddenly live in the same apartment complex owned by their father, occasional guest star Obba Babatundé. The real highlight of the show are the sisters's Moms, played by veteran actresses Telma Hopkins (Mona's mom Phyllis) and Valarie Pettiford (Essence Atkins's Little Dee Dee's mom Big Dee Dee). Another highlight is Alec Mapa, who plays the gay receptionist Adam. He was a recurring character but by Season 3 became a regular. (Wise move!) Rounding out the equation is the proverbial annoying sidekick of Mona's Spencer, played by Theron Benymon.

Now that I explained all that, it's my favorite comedy show currently. I personally think it's better than the current crop of shows out there. They do have some occasional Plot 101 stories, e.g. Will Mona and Spencer be more than just friends?,but it's the execution by the actors that make the show a joy to watch. It's currently in its 3rd season. If UPN knows what's good for them, they'll renew it for a 4th season. If you're not watching this show, then you really need to! Stat.

Ahhh but it's close to the witching hour. I better get ready for my night of cosmic bowling. Fun! Here's to a 300 game.

1 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Yeah...that was only one my favorite episodes ever. I loved Season 2's Mother's Day episode and I'm totally looking forward to this year's Mother Day episode. Phyllis and BDD are definitely my favorite characters on the show.

11:49 PM, April 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home