Saturday, March 08, 2008

Steamworks Redux

It's been more than sixteen months since my last HIV test. I went to the Cook County Department of Public Health in October 2006 to get tested for HIV. The location wasn't as interesting as the previous time I tested but I mixed things up by also testing for a few more STD's. In particular Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and "The Clap". The test for Chlamydia in particular I will never forget. I swore after testing for that one I vowed never again to have sex with men. But I think I dated a week after that and somehow stumbled unto Rock later on.

So I've been thinking about taking an HIV test again. I've only been with Rock and I'm 99.44% certain he's only been with me. But nonetheless I feel like it's something I should be doing. I'm thinking of asking Rock to get tested as well but I don't know if asking is appropriate. Part of me thinks he might be offended if I ask. I can't help but think he might question why I want him to be tested. After all if we've only been with each other, why would we need to be tested. I think he may even question why I want to test myself. Plus he's not in the best state of mind right now.

I don't know. I'm thinking I may just go do it for myself for my peace of mind. Looks like I have another date with Steamworks in my future. *LOL*.

P.S....I reached a record milestone yesterday while doing elliptical training. I typically am on the machine for a full hour plus the 5 minute cool off. I wa pleasantly surprised to see that I completed over 10,000 strides. It was 10,276 to be exact. I guess climbing all those steps at my new work location is starting to pay off.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I think that you should just get by yourself. Knowing what you have said about Rock, I think he would interrogate you to no end.

11:02 PM, March 08, 2008  
Blogger Karamale said...

well all right for the exact percentage of rightness with regard to rock's fidelity!

6:44 PM, March 09, 2008  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Yeah, just go for yourself. That reminds me, it's time for me to get tested as well. Congrats on the new milestone with elliptical training. That's one of my favorite cardio machines in the gym. If all I had to do in the gym was elliptical training - I'd be happy.

11:42 PM, March 09, 2008  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Go by yourself for your own peace of mind.

1:48 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

a full hour on the elliptical? Shit - I give up at the 27 minute mark.

8:13 AM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Although I don't think it's appropriate to insist he takes the test, I don't think it's inappropriate to ask....then again, I feel like if we can ask each other about penetrating each other, a simple swab of the mouth or drawing blood shouldn't be that serious. Go figure...

As for the elliptical machine...luv it and use it when my legs can't take the impact of the treadmill, but I can't lie...I luv the freedom of running...and it burns a whole lot more for me as well.

12:59 PM, March 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is this forced?

1:33 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

I think it's ok to ask.

It's all in the presentation though. When you mention it to him, do it under the pretense of togetherness and novelty and fun.

3:43 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger E said...

Norris...you know Rock all too well..*LOL*.

Karamale...you know how I do.

Buddah...I so love the elliptical. I wish it was all I had to do as well.

cash...thanks. I'll definitely do that.

cocoa/The Captain/Mr Jones...I should be free to ask even the toughest of question...and maybe I do need to do in a nonconfrontational way since my intention is not to force the issue.

10:09 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

it's something we all should do, but ol' boy seems like the type to get offended. about every damn thing. lol!

12:05 AM, March 12, 2008  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

It is really good you feel that way about your partner, but you need to maintain your own awareness no matter what and I agree from others from what you have written it does not appear you have the "juice" to put forth such a request to Rock.

8:14 AM, March 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home